Before you try to install any custom ROM on your device, you need to unlock the phone’s bootloader, which is a code executed before any OS (operating system) launch. The notion of a bootloader is unanimous to all operating systems worldwide and includes systems running on your personal computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, smart watches and basically everything that has OS on it
HTC website has a section for developers where you can grab SDK; you just need to find your phone’s model. Samsung website does not offer such luxury, Sony Mobile website offers a section for users looking to unlock their Sony’s bootloader.
- So, For Samsung Devices How to unlock Bootloader?
To unlock the boot loader you need to have thewith all the packages installed and configured.
Later once the configuration is done properly then you can connect your device and enable USB Debugging under the options.
- Download Modaco’s Superboot files and save them to your computer.
- Once downloaded, extract it by right clicking and extract all.
- On your phone, click on Settings > Developer Options > Turn USB Debugging On.
- Plug the device into your computer via USB cable.
- Open the super boot folder that we just extracted (until you see the folder with fast boot windows inside it), then hold the shift key down on your computer and right click any blank area.
- Now, select open command window here.
- In the command prompt, type the following with hitting enter at the end of each line.
add-windows reboot bootloader (and wait for the device to reboot) fast boot windows OEM unlock *If it gets stuck at waiting for the device here, download and install PDANet on your computer, once installed, unplug then plug the device back in and see if that fixes it.
Once it runs the device should display a screen asking you if you are sure. Click yes using the volume buttons. The device will go back to the bootloader screen but say unlocked at the bottom.
Note: please take up the backup if not done properly you will lose all the data…
This process some Samsung phones only.. not for all…