Know if Someone Blocked Your Number on iPhone for Calls or Messages: If you are a regular iPhone user then this article is going to help you a lot. In this blog,we will be talking about how you can know that someone has blocked your number on iPhone for calls or Messages.
Know if Someone Blocked Your Number on iPhone for Calls or Messages: If you have been blocked by someone then the recipient who has blocked you, will not receive any call, message or voicemail from your side. There iPhone will not ring once they have blocked any number.
There are a number of ways on how to figure out whether you have been blocked or not. Below are some of the methods which will help you to determine the same.
Method 1: Check for Call Block by Calling the iPhone
Know if Someone Blocked Your Number on iPhone for Calls or Messages: To check whether your number has been blocked or not you can simply call the user. If you hear one or no ring before hearing that the user is not available it means that your number has been blocked.
In addition, if you hear more than 2 rings before the instruction of leaving the voice mail it means that your number has not been blocked.
Important: getting sent to voicemail does not always mean you’re blocked!
However not always getting sent to voicemail means you are blocked. It can also mean a number of few things such as,
- The recipient is actively on another phone call that is connecting or the line is otherwise busy
- The recipient is in an area with low cell service coverage, or no cell service coverage
- The recipient’s phone is powered off, or in the process of rebooting
- The recipients iPhone does not have cellular service, or there is some other issue with the network
- There is a cellular network outage or something similar
- They may have their iPhone on Do Not Disturb mode (calling twice in a row sometimes gets through Do Not Disturb so you can try that too, especially if Emergency Bypass is enabled)
- They may have limited inbound calls to Favorites or just Contacts or a contacts group, which is sometimes used to prevent junk calls and unknown calls
Your call was sent to voicemail manually on their iPhone
Method 2: Sending Text or iMessage to the iPhone Number to Check for Block
Know if Someone Blocked Your Number on iPhone for Calls or Messages: You can also check it by sending a message to that number. If your message status never shows delivered or read it means you have been blocked.
If the iMessage goes through and shows a “Read” receipt, then you have definitely not been blocked.
However, there’s a condition i.e the iMessage of the recipient should work in order to get the message status and hence you should wait before making any assumption.