OnePlus 6: Unlock Bootloader | Flash TWRP | Root | Nandroid & EFS Backup & More !!
Hey Guys in this post I’m going to show you how to Unlock Bootloader and flash custom Recover like TWRP recovery also I will show in this post how you can root OnePlus 6.
First I will recommend you to Download the latest update.
Here is How: Settings > System Updates > Download & Install the latest available
This tutorial is divided into 3 Steps
1. Unlocking the Bootloader
2. Installing a Custom Recovery (TWRP)
3. Enabling Root Access
All Important Files to Download
- Download the ADB For Windows here
- Run the .exe file downloaded from above as Administrator.
- Press ‘Y’ every time the installer asks for.
- Continue Driver Installation.
Now, ADB and Fastboot have been installed on your PC.
NOTE: Make sure Your phone has atleast 60% battery remaining
Unlocking Bootloader will wipe all the data, so Backup all the data into safe place like in your computer.
Unlocking Bootloader on OnePlus 6
- First of all go into Setting, go into About phone.
- Tap on Build Number 7 Times, this will enable developer options.
- Go Back and go to developer options
- Tap on Enable OEM Unlocking. Select yes
- Scroll down and tap on Advanced Reboot.
- Hold the power button for few seconds, select reboot and select bootloader
- Connect your phone with your computer with a USB c cable
- open a command prompt window on the desktop (Shift + Right Click -> Open Command Window here or the powershell) and type:
you will see your device is listed in CMD.
- Now enter the second command which is “fastboot oem unlock” to unlock the bootloader on your phone, and this will wipe all your data which is presently in the phone.
fastboot oem unlock
- Press the enter button and you will see two option on your Oneplus 6 “YES” or “NO”
- Select “YES” by navigating with volume button and power button.
- this will unlock the bootloader and this will erase the the phone data completely.
- OnePlus 6 will automatically reboot into the system.
Flash Custom Recovery (TWRP) on OnePlus 6
Download the TWRP Here: Download link will be updated
Again Enable USB Debugging, Enable OEM Unlocking, Enable Advanced Reboot
Download all the files, place SuperSU or Magisk on Device Internal Memory and TWRP.img on your PC
- Switch Off the OnePlus 6
- Hold the Volume up and Power button to boot into fastboot mode.
- Now we will flash twrp recovery which we had downloaded.
- Write a command on CMD or PowerShell
fastboot flash recovery (file name).img
- Once the flash has completed, Don’t use the “Fastboot Reboot” Command Instead Unplug Your phone then Manually boot it into recovery by pressing the Vol Button for a couple of times till you see recovery in red at the top and then hit the power button to reboot.
NOTE: DO NOT BOOT IN OS JUST YET & CONTINUE TO THE ROOTING POST
Root OnePlus 6
- Boot into TWRP Recovery and allow system modifications.
- Swipe right and enable modifications.
- Select your preferred Language, Tap “Never show this screen on boot again,” and Swipe allow modification.
- Navigate to Install and select SuperSU Beta Or Magisk Beta to root OnePlus 6.
- Swipe to confirm the flash
- Reboot System
How to make Nandroid Backup in OnePlus 6
Note: Remove all the Lockscreen and face Lock also.
To Create Nandroid Backup:
1. Boot into TWRP Recovery .
2. Go to Backup Menu and select all the listed partitions.
3. Name the Backup if needed (Optional)
4. Swipe to take Backup.
This proces should take 4 to 8 minutes depending upon the size of data.
5. Reboot System when done.
Backup Location: TWRP Folder /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS