The Xposed framework has grown to be one of the most loved features for rooted Android devices. Matter fact it’s half the reason people want root access on their Android devices these days. And why not? Xposed gives a world of possibilities, so much that you don’t even need a custom ROM.
However, with each Android update, so many changes are being made to ARM that it’s getting increasingly harder for the devs to keep Xposed compatible to the latest and freshest release of Android.
Android Nougat update which is to be released by the end of Summer 2016, has been out for the developers as Android N developer previews with its 5th and final preview already released. But it isn’t enough to make Xposed compatible with Android 7.0 Nougat.
But don’t worry, it’s all about to change now. The team behind PurifyOS has finally been able to port Xposed Framework to Android Nougat, with the help of ab force’s modified version of the original Xposed. If you have an Android Nougat device and wish to install Xposed Framework on it, read on as we show you how to install Xposed Framework on Android Nougat devices.
[sociallocker] Download Xposed for Nougat:
- Material Xposed installer (.apk) [/sociallocker]
Note: Xposed for Nougat the moment is highly unstable. It will bring in a lot of errors. Make sure that you are an Android power user and you know how to handle it if something goes towards east instead of going west. Flash it at your own risk. We do not take responsibility for anything custom.
Steps to Install Xposed Framework on Nougat
- Firstly, enable Unknown Sources on your device to allow installation of third party apps. To do this, open the Android Settings and head over to “Security” option. Once there, enable the toggle next to “Unknown Sources”.
- Then, download the Xposed Framework APK from here and install it on your device. This app will be later on used to install and manage various modules for Xposed.
- After that, download the ZIP for the Xposed Installer from here for your device depending upon your processor, that is, arm, arm64 or x86.
- Once done, reboot your device into TWRP or the custom recovery of your choice, and flash the Xposed Installer ZIP that you just downloaded.
- Once done, make sure to “Wipe Cache/Dalvik”. After that, proceed by rebooting your device.
- After rebooting, head over to the Xposed Installer app. You’ll see that Xposed Framework has now been installed.
Note: You may get a notification that says “Xposed is not(yet) compatible with Android SDK version 25 or your processor architecture”. You need not worry about it since Xposed isn’t officially supported, but still, it works.
- In the Xposed Installer app, tap on the hamburger button in the top left to reveal the side bar. Head over to the “Download” tab to see the list of all the available modules that you can download and install. Simply tap on the module of your choice and select download.
Note: In case the download function doesn’t work, simply tap on “Save” option instead. It will download the APK file of that module that you can install using any file manager.
- Once you’ve installed the module of your choice, head over to the “Modules” from the sidebar. Now, tap the checkbox next to the module to enable it. You will be required to reboot your device in order for the module to take effect.
- Once your device has rebooted, the module’s changes will take place. For instance, I had installed the XSSID Indicator that basically shows that WiFi’s SSID in the status bar. As you can see below, it works fine.
How to Uninstall Xposed
- Download the Xposed Uninstaller.zip file from the same page linked above.
- Flash the Xposed Uninstaller in the TWRP recovery just like you flashed the zip file to install it.
- Clear the Dalvik cache of your phone after uninstalling. Reboot your phone and you are all done.
Install Xposed Framework For Your Android Nougat
The Android community has waited for far too long to get Xposed Framework support for their Android Nougat devices. So, try out this method to install Xposed on your Nougat running device and let us know if you have any doubts in the comments section below.
So guys try this out and let us know your thoughts on the comment box below. Thanks for reading our article and we hope you guys have a great day.