After 8 Years Icy Package Installer (Cydia Alternative) has come back and We will show you how can you Install Icy Installer 3 on your iPhone (iOS 7-iOS10)
Icy Installer 3 (Cydia alternative)
Icy Installer 3 is Developed by ArtikusHG and It is a DPKG-based package manager for iOS Operating System. its ability to load packages at lightning-fast speeds. It is very lightweight App if we compare to Cydia.
For the uninitiated, version 3 is a complete rewrite of the legacy Icy Package Installer for iPhone OS 2.0. It was originally developed by RiPDev.
Many Developers tried on this Icy Installer 3 but no one succeeds
Since this new installer looks promising, I decided to take it for a test drive on my iPad mini on iOS 9.3.5.
WHICH VERSIONS DOES IT SUPPORT TO Install Icy Installer 3?
As of now, Icy Installer 3 works only up till iOS 10.3.3 beginning from iOS 7 (legacy firmware). You can use it on any of the following iOS versions.
- iOS 7-7.1.2
- iOS 8-8.4.1
- iOS 9-9.3.5
- iOS 10-10.3.3
- iOS 11-11.1.2 (incompatible)
Apart from that, only 64-bit devices are supported at the moment because the developer used iOS 11 SDK.
How to Download and Install Icy Package Installer ON IPHONE, IPAD, AND IPOD
Step 1 Launch Cydia.
Step 2 Go to Sources and tap Edit > Add.
Step 3 Add the URL of Artikus’ Cydia repository – artikushg.yourepo.com.
Step 4 Search for Icy and install the following package on your device.
Step 5 You can now open it from your home screen. It crashed on my iPad because it’s not a 64-bit model.
As is evident, you should use it only for testing purposes. It’s still in early development stages and only allows manual Debian package installation.
- According to Artikus, it crashes on Electra jailbreak (iOS 11-11.1.2) firmware. He doesn’t have any test devices running iOS 11, which will definitely delay a full-blown release for iOS 11. The next step would be to make it compatible with the latest iOS operating system.
- The developer also intends to roll out bug fixes as soon as possible.
- Improvements to the GUI.
- Adding support for 32-bit Apple devices.
- Add support for third-party Cydia repositories.