MIUI 9 Global Public Beta Supported Devices
- First batch of supported devices: Redmi Note 4
- Second batch of supported devices: Mi 5 / Mi Max 2 / Mi Max / Redmi 4
- Third batch of supported devices: Redmi 2 / Redmi 2 Prime / Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Redmi Note 3 / Mi 4i / Redmi Note Prime / Redmi 3S/Prime / Redmi 4A
How to flash & setup MIUI 9 full guide
- You will get the notification reading ‘New Update Available’
- Go to Tools folder – Open Updater app – check for updates
- If yes, then click download – update.
This method applies, when you have the OTA package (Incremental or Full) downloaded via link beforehand.
- Open updater app – three dots – choose updated package
- Browse through the files and select the package ending with .zip extension.
- After verifying the package and your permissions, it will ask you to reboot the device.
- Reboot the device and your device will boot up to MIUI 9.
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Download & install Mi Flash Tool – here
- Download the Fastboot ROM
- Check the full guide here
- Go to settings – additional settings – backup & reset
- Click ‘Local backup – Backup’, to create the backup and move it to PC before flashing
- Do remember, it includes only apps so multimedia files need to be backup separately
- Check the full guide, here
- Before fastbooting you must have the bootloader unlocked.
- Switch off your phone, press and hold volume down and power button simultaneously, it should power up the phone with fastboot screen
- Connect your phone with USB to PC, click ‘refresh’ button in flash tool app and it should show device ID.
- If not, install Mi PC Suite and drivers posted above.
- Open MiFlash tool, and select ‘clean all’ in the right down corner
- Click ‘Select’ and browse to a folder where you extracted the Fastboot ROM and click ‘Flash’
- It will start flashing the phone and will take around 3-5 Minutes depending on the PC and device.
- Device will reboot with MIUI 9.