MIUI has been releasing the changelogs for the Global Beta ROM weekly, Mi Community is glad to announce full changelog & download links for MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.8.10
Global Beta ROM is released weekly with additional features on top of the stable version. The new ROM allows tech-savvy users to enjoy new features that are unavailable in the version received through OTA updates of stable ROM. However, this version is not as stable as the Global ROM. If you are a Mi fan who likes to experience new features and knows how to flash your device, you may choose to explore the Beta version. For normal users, we recommend sticking stable ROM and related OTA updates.
MIUI 9 Global Public Beta Supported Devices
- First batch of supported devices: Redmi Note 4
- Second batch of supported devices: Mi 5 / Mi Max 2 / Mi Max / Redmi 4
- Third batch of supported devices: Redmi 2 / Redmi 2 Prime / Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Redmi Note 3 / Mi 4i / Redmi Note Prime / Redmi 3S/Prime / Redmi 4A
How to flash & setup MIUI 9 full guide
How to Flash Recovery ROM
This method applies, when you have the update waiting
- You will get the notification reading ‘New Update Available’
- Go to Tools folder – Open Updater app – check for updates
- If yes, then click download – update.
This method applies, when you have the OTA package (Incremental or Full) downloaded via link beforehand.
- Open updater app – three dots – choose updated package
- Browse through the files and select the package ending with .zip extension.
- After verifying the package and your permissions, it will ask you to reboot the device.
- Reboot the device and your device will boot up to MIUI 9.
How to Flash Fastboot ROM
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Download & install Mi Flash Tool – here
- Download the Fastboot ROM
If you face phone not getting detected,
How to Unlock the bootloader
- Check the full guide here
How to Take Local Backup
- Go to settings – additional settings – backup & reset
- Click ‘Local backup – Backup’, to create the backup and move it to PC before flashing
- Do remember, it includes only apps so multimedia files need to be backup separately
- Check the full guide, here
Steps to Follow
- Before fastbooting you must have the bootloader unlocked.
- Switch off your phone, press and hold volume down and power button simultaneously, it should power up the phone with fastboot screen
- Connect your phone with USB to PC, click ‘refresh’ button in flash tool app and it should show device ID.
- If not, install Mi PC Suite and drivers posted above.
- Open MiFlash tool, and select ‘clean all’ in the right down corner
- Click ‘Select’ and browse to a folder where you extracted the Fastboot ROM and click ‘Flash’
- It will start flashing the phone and will take around 3-5 Minutes depending on the PC and device.
- Device will reboot with MIUI 9.
Don’t remove the device while flashing is going on, it might take 3-5 minutes.
Read More if you like: