Hey Guys in this post I’m going to show you how you can install any custom ROM like lineage OS, SlimRoms, Paranoid Android and many other rom Easily. So Lets Get started and See How to Install Custom rom without unlocking the bootloader.
Before I get started I want to clarify that I’m using this trick on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and you can try this on redmi note 4, redmi note 5, redmi note 5 pro, or any other redmi devices.
Install Custom Rom Without Unlocking Bootloader
- You have to download 2 files 1. Mi Flash With EDL 2. TWRP_ZCX.rar which I have provided the link Download
- Now you have to extract both zip files and install mi flash tool from that file.
- Next step is to disable Driver signature mode. To disable it you click on Start then Hold Shift and Click on restart button.
- You will be redirected to many options and select 7th option by pressing 7 key on your keyboard.
- Now you have successfully disabled driver signature mode.
- Now on your phone go to developer option and enable OEM unlock. If you cant find the developer option here is how to. Go to About phone section, tap on build number 7 times and now you have enabled the developer mode.
- If you have already signed in with your MI Account. go ahead and sign out from Mi account (it is for safety purpose).
- It’s time for restarting the phone into fastboot mode. Press and hold power and Volume Down Button Simuntiuosly to boot into Fastboot mode.
- Open Mi Flash folder in your Windows Computer and Double click on edl batch file and make sure you have connected your phone with your Computer.
- Your phone notification led will start blinking RED. It means your phone is successfully booted into EDL Mode.
- Open Mi Flash tool which you have installed a Few minutes back.
- Click on select and locate the twrp folder and click on refresh and you will see your phone In the column of mi flash tool.
- Click on Flash button. It will flash recovery in a matter of seconds.
- Now before Plugging out your Usb cable Press and hold power and volume down up button to go into twrp recovery mode.
- Here you go You this is the twrp recovery.
Instruction to Install Custom ROM
Copy the ROM and Gapps in SD card.
- Go to your recovery
- Wipe Data
- Install ROM and Gapps zip.
- Reboot – 1st boot takes around 5-10 minutes.
Thank for Reading this post. IF you have any questions about your Phone or about installing problem do let me know.