We all are eagerly waiting for Android Oreo 8.0 update on our devices, I am waiting for my device the Honor 6x to get updated to Android 8.0. For now, there are only a few devices which are getting Updated to Android 8.0 Oreo UnOfficially.
For Now, we will show you how you guys can Update your Mi4/Mi3 to Android 8.0 Oreo using the Unofficial Method.
Unofficial Android Oreo is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Unofficial Android Oreo does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
NOTE: As this is an UnOfficial Version Of Android 8.0 so we recommended to have a clean Backup before installing the Custom ROM.
Installing a custom ROM on a Mi4 (Cancro) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Mi4 (Cancro) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. Learn more about Android Oreo here.
Android Oreo for Mi4 (Cancro) Oreo 8.0 Custom ROM:
Everything that is important
Step By Step Guide Here:
Take care of following tasks before you proceed with flashing custom ROM:
Task 1: Install USB drivers for your device on your PC.
Task 2: Be sure to backup your data including Contacts, SMS / MMS, APN & MMS Settings as well as photos and videos stored on your device’s internal or external storage.
Task 3: Make sure that your device is well charged. Ideally, the battery level should be around 60-80%. The more the better.
Task 4: USB Debugging should be enabled on your device.
Important: Most of the custom ROM will not have Google Apps in them. So, you will have to download and install GApps manually.Also, take android backup before installing
TWRP recovery lets you do a number of cool stuff but the whole point of having a custom recovery is to be able to flash unsigned .zip files. These .zip files could be anything from a custom kernel, boot, recovery, MODs or full custom ROMs.
How to Install an unofficial Android Oreo on Mi4 (Cancro):
- Download and transfer the unofficial Android Oreo ROM and Gapps for android oreo you wish to flash to your device’s storage.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of screen.
Note: This will factory reset your device. If your custom ROM doesn’t require a factory reset, then simply skip this step.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the unofficial Android Oreo ROM .zip file and gapps for Android Oreo that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on bottom of screen.
- Once cache & dalvik wipe completes, hit the “Back” button on-screen and then select “Reboot System” button.
Files To Download :
So that’s it, Try to install the Android Oreo 8.0 on your device and if you guys have any problems do tell us in the comment section below.
- How to Use Autofill in Android Oreo (Step By Step)
- How to Install Official TWRP Recovery and Root Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+