Windows is considered one of the best operating systems in today’s world. Half of the population prefer Windows over another operating system. Reason being its great user interface as well as services. Microsoft comes with the whole bunch of services that too for free. Though these services are for a limited amount of time.
The services offered by Windows often comes with a validity. After the expiry of services, you start getting a message for windows saying “This Copy of Windows is not Genuine”. This means that the product key has been expired and you need to enter the new one to enjoy the services for free.
You have to give a large amount of money to buy the original window. But don’t worry here at Techfire we give some great methods with the help of which you can use the window and its services for free. In this blog, we will try to show you some of the best methods which you can use to activate your window.
How To Fix “This Copy of Windows is not Genuine” (2019)
Below listed are the various methods by the help of which you can activate your windows for free.
1-Fix This Copy of Windows is not Genuine by CMD Tricks
Use can simply use Command prompt to activate your window with the help of various commands.
1-Click on the ‘Start‘ button and type ‘cmd‘ in the search box and hit ‘Enter.’
2. Now, right-click on the ‘Command prompt‘ option and select ‘Run as Administrator’ from the drop-down box.
3. Then, type SLMGR -REARM and hit ‘Enter.’ SLMGR is the tool which operates Windows software license and REARM is the command used to resets license status of Windows.
4. Now, click on ‘OK‘ to save the changes and then, restart your PC/laptop.
2-Fix This Copy of Windows is not Genuine Permanently
Have you ever wondered how windows check it out whether your window is genuine or not? Then here’s the solution which states that when you update the windows there is some application which gets installed on your computer and they only detect whether the window is genuine or not.
1- In the Control panel, click on System and Security >> Windows update.
2. Here, click on ‘Turn automatic updating on or off’ which you will find under ‘Windows Update’ option.
3. Now, you will notice a drop-down box under the ‘Important updates’ section. Here, select ‘Never check for updates’ to turn off the updates for your Windows OS.
4. Finally, click on ‘OK‘ to save and apply the changes which you have made.
3-Fix This Copy of Windows is not Genuine by Uninstall Update KB971033
If by mistake your window has got updated and the error has started popping saying” This copy of windows is not genuine” then you can easily uninstall the updates with the help of below steps.
1-Launch ‘Control Panel.’
2. Navigate to Windows Update Section.
3-Here, click on view installed updates to see all the updated files.
4-Now, search for the ‘KB971033‘ update in the list and uninstall it.
After uninstalling the above file your windows will be automatically updated and you will not get the popup from there on. I hope this article will help you to get rid of your problem at the earliest.