Twitter is the go-to social platform with large, distributed conversations happening on every corner of the network. It’s the easiest mode of finding breaking news that’s relevant to you. It’s the most effortless way to meet a celebrity. But if you don’t know how to use twitter then, it’s going to kill your time and will not be productive for you as it can be. If you have created a twitter account and by any reason, you want to delete your twitter then, this article is for you. In this article, I will let you know how to delete your Twitter account permanently.
Deleting your Twitter account permanently
You can delete your twitter account from both the mobile app and the website. Twitter uses the word deactivate instead of delete but both the words means the same.
Permanently deleting your twitter account on the app
- Launch the Twitter app and then go to the profile icon. Here, tap on “settings and privacy”.
- Click on the Account tab and scroll down and tap on “deactivate my account”.
- On this page, Twitter will demonstrate to you some data with respect to the procedure which you can read if you need. After you are done, tap on the red “Deactivate” button. Now, just enter your password and tap on the deactivate button to finish the procedure.
Permanently deleting your twitter account on the website
- Go to twitter.com and login with your details. Click on your profile icon and then click on “settings and privacy”.
- In the account tab scroll down and click on “Deactivate your account”.
- Again, Twitter will show you some information which you can read. After you are done click on the Deactivate button.
Re-enter your password and click on the Deactivate button to delete your account. Twitter gives you a time period of 30 days before permanently deleting your account, so if you change your mind to come back to twitter then you can log in back to your twitter account and your account will be activated again.