Emojis are a huge part of using smartphones in daily life. We used them to be more expressive about what we’re talking so that the person whom we are talking to understands what you’re trying to say. The basic emoji symbols are actually the same on iOS and Android – they’re approved by the Unicode Consortium – but Apple and Google designers create different looks for each icon. Confusingly, the companies also add emoji support at different times.
But, let’s be honest here, Android Emojis aren’t really that great, right? They seem very basic, flat, less expressive, and moreover too weird. On top of that, Android emojis are quite famous for misinterpretation of emojis. One of the classic examples is the grimacing face emoji.
This is what a grimacing face emoji looks like on iOS:
And this is what the same emoji looks like on Android:
Quite weird, isn’t it?
Well, that being said, let’s see how you can change your current Android Emojis to iOS 10.2 emojis.
- A Rooted Android Smartphone: You will need a rooted Android Smartphone running on Android 4.4 or above.
- Busybox: Busybox is a utility software which helps in customizing your Android phone. You can install it from here.
- Download the Emoji Switcher App from the Google Play Store or here.
- Open the app.
- Grant the SuperSU permissions.
- Select iOS 10.2 in the drop down menu from the set emojis section.
- Tap on Set.
- Now the app will download the emojis which you had.
- Once it has been downloaded, give your phone a reboot.
- Once the phone has restarted, you’ll be able to see the new iOS 10.2 emojis in action.
Now, apart from iOS emojis, you can also get other emojis like the ones which are found in Samsung devices, or the ones by LG or HTC, etc.