Apple is only one of the largest producer of the premium smartphone and it also has a pride of itself on developing the most efficient operating system for its phones. However, the iOS is still a software which is built up by the Apple only and softwares do freeze up for time to time.
In some of the situations when your iPhone goes unresponsive or the apps start functioning abnormally, the only viable option is to force restart it.
There are different methods to force restart your iPhone which totally depends upon the model/version of the phone you have.So, for at the time of this post, here we are going to provide you the complete process to force restart process for all models of the iPhone.
Read on to know the one that goes with your particular iPhone.
iPhone (1st gen) to SE
This includes: iPhone 1st gen, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4/4s, iPhone 5/5c/5s, and iPhone SE.
- Press the home button which is available on the front screen and sleep/wake (which is available on the top of the phone) for about 10 seconds until appear logo appears.
- Give it about 10-20 seconds until the home screen reappears.
iPhone 6/6 Plus/6s Plus
- First of all, you need to click on the home button and sleep/wake (right side of the phone) for 10 seconds until appear logo appears.
- It will take around the time span of 10-20 seconds until the home screen reappears.
iPhone 7/7 Plus
Press sleep/wake and volume down button until the appear logo appears.
iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X
- Press volume up.
- Press volume down.
- Press and hold sleep/wake until appear logo appears.
You may also like to read: