Fix Your iPad Pro With Unresponsive Screen 2019: iPad Pro is one of the best gadgets of the apple. It comes with the whole bunch of new features and update. Apple is known for its stagnant free devices and hence one will not find any glitches in their device.
However, some of our techfire users have recently reported us about the unresponsive screen in iPad Pro. Some of the cases have been like the touchscreen of your iPad Pro stopped working and nothing happens when you tap or press any buttons, the touchscreen is not working how you would expect (e.g., touchscreen lags etc), the touchscreen responds inaccurately.
In this blog, we will be talking about how you can fix your iPad pro having an unresponsive screen.
Steps: How To Fix Your iPad Pro With Unresponsive Screen
1- First and foremost charge your Apple iPad pro as this can be one of the reasons behind an unresponsive screen. This is the first step you should try to get rid of this problem.
2-Clean your screen. Some dirt covering the display may cause touchscreen problems. Use a soft, lint-free cloth to clean the screen
3-Download and install the latest iOS software version on your iPad Pro. Here is how:
- Tap Settings
- Tap General
- Tap Software Update
- Tap Download and Install
- And follow onscreen instructions
4. Force restart your iPad Pro. This is also called a hard reset. But do not worry, this won’t erase the content on your device. Here is how:
- Press and release the Volume Up button
- Press and release the Volume Down button
- Press and hold the Power button, keep holding the Power button until your iPad Pro resorts (until you see the Apple logo)
5- You can turn on the Touch accommodation problem. In order to do so follow the below steps.
- Tap the Settings app
- Tap General
- Tap Accessibility
- Tap Touch Accommodations (under the Interaction section)
- Turn on Touch Accommodations (do not change any other sub-options)
6-Free up space. iOS requires enough space to function properly. On your iPad go to Settings > General > Storage. You may want to delete apps you do not use or need. You may also want to remove media files, such as photos or movies.
If you still don’t get rid of this problem try connecting with apple customer care.