Fix Macbook’s TrackPad that doesnt Click 2019: Apple is known for producing a device which is stagnant free and hence they don’t take any chance when it comes to the quality of hardware they use. Some of the users shoot out the query that their MacBook trackpad Pro doesn’t click.
In this blog, we will be talking about how you can use the MacBook Pro trackpad with some of the troubleshooting options. Also, we will be telling you what is the alternative which you can use.
Fix Macbook’s TrackPad that doesnt Click 2019: There can be a huge number of option why you the trackpad is not working. Let’s start with the troubleshooting option.
Follow these quick tips to get your Mac’s trackpad working again
- Check your System Preferences.
- Perform an SMC reset.
- Perform an NVRAM and PRAM reset.
- Check for macOS updates.
- Delete some plist files.
- Reinstall macOS using Recovery Mode.
- Erase your hard disk and set up as new.
- Run diagnostics on your MacBook Pro.
How can I use my MacBook Pro if the trackpad doesn’t click?
If there’s the case that you cant use the trackpad then there some alternatives which you can use. We will discuss some of the options below.
Step 1. Connect a USB mouse
Plug an external mouse into a USB port on your MacBook to use instead of your trackpad. Your MacBook Pro should recognize the mouse, allowing you to point-and-click to your delight.
Step 2. Connect a Bluetooth mouse or trackpad
Turn on the Bluetooth device and use the following key commands to pair it:
- Press command+space to open Spotlight.
- Search ‘Bluetooth’ and press enter to open the System Preferences.
- Press tab to shift focus from the search bar to the devices list.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth mouse using the arrow buttons.
- Press space to connect to your Bluetooth mouse.
Step 4. Use VoiceOver
Press fn+command+F5 to activate VoiceOver. This is also one of the easiest options.
How do I fix software problems with my MacBook trackpad?
Step 1: Check your System Preferences
- Go to System Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad.
- Uncheck Enable Mouse Keys.
- Click Options… and turn off Ignore built-in trackpad when Mouse Keys is on.
- Raise the Double-click speed to a faster speed.
- Uncheck Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present.
If you have a MacBook Pro (2018):
- Go to Apple > Shut Down and wait for the MacBook to fully power off.
- Press and hold the power or Touch ID button for 10 seconds.
- Release the button and wait for 10 seconds.
- Press the power or Touch ID button again to turn on your MacBook.
- If that didn’t fix your trackpad:
- Go to Apple > Shut Down and wait for the MacBook to fully power off again.
- Press and hold the right shift, the left option, and the left control keys for 7 seconds.
- Keep holding those keys and also press the power button for another 7 seconds.
- Release all the keys and wait 10 seconds.
- Press the power button again to turn on your MacBook.
These are some of the tips which you can use to solve the problem related to the trackpad.