Our smartphones became our one-stop address book, photo album, TV, movie player, games and more. It can be too tiring to move these files individually in case of changing devices. Whether you are upgrading or just switching phones, learn how to export contacts from iPhone in 4 different ways!
Part 1. Export Contacts from iPhone via FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Backup & Restore
To better ensure that your contacts, as well as other important phone contents, are safe and we highly recommend using a backup/restore program. FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Backup & Restore offers convenient, safe and effective data backup such as contacts, photos, app photos, any types of media files, messages like SMS, voicemails, and even WhatsApp messages; call history, calendars, and many more.
FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Backup & Restore features the following:
- One click backup and once click restore
- Selective backup and restore option
- Preview all items before backup and restore
- No data loss!
- Safe, effective and 100% secure
Best part about this program? All files are saved on the computer so you can restore them easily and at any time to any devices preferred.
Part 2. Export Contacts from iPhone One by One
IOS provides multiple options on how to export contacts from iPhone. We can share contacts to other people by simply sending it as SMS, email and the app called AirDrop. We’ll discuss how we can export contacts easily using the 3 mentioned features.
Via SMS from iPhone to iPhone
- Open the Contacts app
- Navigate to the desired contact to send
- Tap Share Contact
- Choose SMS among the displayed option
You recipient will receive it via SMS or iMessage if they have it enabled.
Another simple method to export contacts from iPhone is via email. The steps are similar to sending it via SMS but only choosing Email among the displayed options.
- Launch Contacts app
- Go to the desired contact name and number
- Tap on Share Contact
- Select Email on the Options
You can choose the email service provider to use for this action.
Like the first two options, AirDrop works similarly but only powered with Bluetooth. So when a friend is near you and you want to share a contact with them, you can use AirDrop instead.
- Launch Contacts app
- Select desired contact to send
- Tap the Share Contact option
- Choose AirDrop
- Tap on the contact recipient
Remember that the Bluetooth can connect within the 30ft distance only and can only send single contacts at a time. However you can send multiple images if you are sending photos via AirDrop.
Part 3. Export Contacts from iPhone to Gmail via iTunes
Perhaps Gmail seems to be fitting whenever exporting contacts from iPhone because of its flexibility. If in the future you may want to use Android for some reasons, you won’t have a hard time processing the transfer.
Follow these steps on how to export contacts from iPhone to Gmail:
- Launch iTunes, check for updates first
- Connect the iPhone to the computer
- Select your device icon when it appears on iTunes
- If using iCloud for syncing & backup, change it to: ‘Using your computer’
- Go to ‘Info’ tab
- Choose ‘Google Contacts’ or ‘Google Address Book Contacts’ from the ‘Sync contacts with’ options
- Enter your Gmail username and password
- Click OK and sync your iPhone
- Click Apply
That’s it! You have just exported contacts from iPhone to Gmail using your iTunes.
Part 4. Export Contacts from iPhone to iCloud/iTunes
Not exactly exporting but rather backing up to these two services and restoring from each whenever needed. We all know the importance of having backups and we cannot deny that we forget to do most of the time.
You have 2 options to choose from with your backup according to your preferences. You can ensure that you have enabled and turned on iCloud backup for automatic option while regularly connecting and backing up data to the computer via iTunes.
Turn On iCloud Backup:
- Go to Settings
- Tap iCloud
- Tap iCloud Backup and toggle it on
Backup to iTunes
- Launch iTunes on the computer
- Check for the latest iTunes update
- Connect iPhone to iTunes
- Go to the Summary pane
- Click on Backup Now
- Wait until process is completed
Part 5. Use FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery for Lost or Deleted Contacts
What if you lost few or all the contacts during the restore process and there is no other way to get them back? What would you do? We will show you how to easily get back those important contacts without much trouble.
Use the highly recommended recovery program called FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery. This software provides the following benefits:
- Recovers any types of phone contents such as: Contacts, Messages, Call Logs, Photos, Videos, and more
- Provides 3 recovery options: Recover from iOS device, iTunes, and iCloud
- Compatible even with the latest iPhone 8, 8Plus, and the iPhone X
- Allows Selective recovery
- With Preview Option for better results
FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery can recover lost/deleted contacts directly from the device itself even without backup.
How to Use FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery?
FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery has three recovery methods to choose from depending on the given scenario. If you do not have any backups, then you can use the first option which is to ‘Recover from iOS device’ or if you have created backups then choose between ‘Recover from iTunes or iCloud’
- Download and install program on the computer
- Launch program and proceed to the main menu
- Connect iPhone to the computer (if using the Recover from iOS Device and iTunes options, iCloud does not need device to be connected)
- Let the program scan the device for data recovery or backup
- Choose Contacts among the scanned results and preview
- Selectively recover or choose all contacts to recover
- Click the recover button to download all the selected contacts
There you go, you have just recovered your contacts using FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery.
Part 6. Conclusion
We hope that this tutorial gave you more options on how to export contacts from iPhone in so many different ways. Your contacts are the basic foundation of your phones because you can never enjoy it without having someone to share insights and memories with.
You don’t have to experience great frustrations now unlike those users before without having tutorials like this. Just imagine how they all figured it out or may be, not at all. In case you accidentally deleted or lost any phone content, don’t forget FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery. It is the only program you need in any data loss situation.