Create and Manage Group Messages on your iPhone or iPad: Group messages on your iPhone or iPad can be great fun altogether. It helps you to communicate with more than one person at a time. It also saves your effort to send the same message to one or more person.
You might be knowing about iMessages or MMS which helps you to send the message to one or more person at the same time and same place. This can be a great fun as you can share the text messages, photos, and videos.
In this blog, we will be talking about how you can create group messages, how you can name your group and how you can add or remove users participants.
iMessage Groups vs MMS Groups
Create and Manage Group Messages on your iPhone or iPad: People fail to understand some major differences between iMessage and MMS message. Well, we will try to explain you this. If all the messages sent by the group member are from iPhone then it will be treated as iMessage while If all the messages sent by the group member are not from iPhone then it will be treated as MMS group messages.
What follows is the major difference between iMessage and MMS group message.
- Group MMS messages appear in green bubbles while group iMessages appear in blue bubbles.
- You cannot name MMS groups while you can name iMessage groups.
- You cannot add or remove participants from MMS groups while you can do so iMessage groups.
How to Create Group Messages
If you are totally unaware of the group message then you may find it difficult to create a group Message. Just follow the below steps to know how to create a group message.
- Open the Messages app on your iOS device
- Start a new message by tapping the new message icon.
- In the To: field, enter the name of the contacts (your group members). You can tap the plus sign to add contacts.
- In the Text Message field, type your message
- Then tap the arrow send icon.
How to Name a Group
Create and Manage Group Messages on your iPhone or iPad: After creating a group second thing which you want to know is how to name a group. What follows is exactly the steps which you need to know. Refer the steps.
- Open the group messages
- Tap the (i) info icon
- Enter your group name in the Name field
How to Add and Remove Group Participants
If you have created a group then you might be tempted to know about how to add or remove the participant. First and foremost let me tell you that you can’t add or remove participant in MMS Group but you can do that in iMessage Group.
Follow the below steps to know how to add or remove the participant.
- Tap the Group messages to open the conversation
- Tap the top of the messages showing the group members or name (if you named it already)
3. Tap the (i) info icon then tap Add Contact
4. And then type a new member in the Add: field
This was all about how you can add the participant. Now let’s have a look at how to remove the participant.
Remove the participant
- Tap again group messages and then the info (i) icon
- Find the member that you want to remove and swipe left, note that you need to have at least three members.
- Tap red Remove
Refer the diagram below.
How to exit a group
Create and Manage Group Messages on your iPhone or iPad: When you get a lot of irrelevant message from a group it annoys you a lot and hence you might want to know how to exit the same.
Follow the below steps to know how to exit from an active group.
- Again open the group messages and tap the (i) icon
- Scroll down
- and tap the red “Leave this Conversation” icon.
That was all about how to create a group and start the fun altogether. Let us know if you want to know anything more about group messages.