Almost everywhere in the world, you can use local bitcoins, BitSquare or a bitcoin ATM. Although these are options that you can use, it is worth knowing other options available in your country.
North America USA and Canada are two of the biggest markets for bitcoin buyers. Buyers can choose from a wide variety of options to buy bitcoins. In both countries, apart from LocalBitcoins and ATMs, you will find direct sellers such as Coinbase, Circle, and Indacoin, the Paxful P2P market and the Kraken exchange.
Buy bitcoins in the US
- Direct exchanges: Coinbase and Kraken offer an easy way to buy bitcoins at low rates and store them in an online wallet. Both platforms accept bank transfers and credit cards. Indacoin is another platform for direct exchange but does not have an integrated portfolio. Another option, Expresscoin, allows the acquisition of bitcoins with cash through Billpay.
- P2P Markets: We also find the P2P LocalBitcoins, Bitsquare Bisquick, and Paxful markets. In Bitquick you pay by depositing cash in the bank of the seller, in Paxful the seller can choose any payment channel he wants, including PayPal, Western Union, credit and debit cards, gift cards and much more. While Paxful prices are generally quite high, Bitquick charges a 2% rate.
- Exchanges: If you want to buy bitcoins with cash in an exchange, you have a couple of platforms. The biggest exchanges are Bitstamp; Coinbase GDAX and Bitfinex, followed by BTC-E, Kraken, and Gemini. Although most exchanges accept bank transfers, BTC-E also offers to finance with credit cards and payment providers such as PerfectMoney, Paysafecards, and others.
Buy bitcoins in Canada
- Directly: Both Kraken and Coinbase allow Canadian customers to buy bitcoins by bank transfer or credit card and store them in the platform’s online portfolio. In addition, Indacoin is also available to Canadian customers. However, there are two exclusive platforms for Canadians, QuickBT, and canadianbitcoins.com, where you can buy bitcoins directly for up to 150 Canadian dollars through various means of payment such as INTERAC® Online and Flexepin coupons. Canadianbitcoin.com also offers the option to pay with cash in person or through deposits.
- P2P Markets: Customers in Canada can use international P2P markets such as Paxful and LocalBitcoin to buy bitcoins in P2P markets.
- Exchanges: Several exchanges allow you to buy with Canadian dollars. Kraken, QuadrigaCX, and CoinSquare are the most outstanding examples.
Central and South America
Apart from North America, Central, and South America, they have just discovered bitcoins a few years ago, especially in 2014/2015. Most exchanges are relatively new, and due to lower volume and liquidity, buyers have to face higher commissions and a spread.
There are several exchanges in some countries of Central and South America: Satoshi Tango is a direct provider for Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, and Peru. While Bitex.la offers services in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, and Uruguay.
In most Latin American countries there are local P2P markets for bitcoins.
Buy bitcoins in Mexico
- Gift cards: With the application of Chip-Chap.com you can buy bitcoin gift cards in more than 5,000 stores.
- Directly: Volabit.com allows you to buy bitcoins with MXN through bank transfers or by depositing cash at OXXO, 7-Eleven, Banamex branches and ATMs.
- Exchanges: Bitso.com is an exchange of Mexico. Commissions are declining rapidly with trade volume as low as 0.1%; The spread is relatively low.
Buy bitcoins in Brazil
- Directly: Brazilians can buy bitcoins directly from Mercadobitcoin.com.br, a broker who describes himself as the largest bitcoin exchange in Latin America.
- Exchanges: A major bitcoin exchange in Brazil is FlowBTC . In it you can buy or sell bitcoins. Deposits can be made with bank transfers. A second great exchange is Foxbit.com.br.
Buy bitcoins in Argentina
- Directly: Ripio is a Wallet-App that allows its users to buy bitcoins. Its main feature is that it allows the acquisition of bitcoins on credit and serves as a payment gateway to pay with bitcoin.
Buy bitcoins in Venezuela
- Exchanges: SurBitcoin is Venezuela’s own bitcoin exchange.
Buy bitcoins in Chile
- Exchanges: Chile has its own bitcoin exchange SurBTC, which monopolized all the international headlines when it received funds from the Chilean government. Chileans can buy or sell bitcoins in it as well as make deposits in Chilean pesos.
- ATMs: The website coinatmradar.com lists hundreds of bitcoin ATMs in Europe.
- Directly: Due to the confusing regulation in the Eurozone, their aisa dozen direct exchanges to buy bitcoins that offer a wide variety of payment channels. Most of them charge their clients a commission based on the payment channel (of 0.5-5%) and obtain their benefits through the spread. Also in most European countries, online portfolios Coinbase and Circle allow you to buy bitcoins by bank transfer or credit card.
- P2P Markets: LocalBitcoin is available for all countries in the Eurozone, except Germany. Bitcoin.de is a P2P market for the entire euro area where you can buy and sell bitcoins through SEPA transfers. With a commission of 0.5% and a low spread, Bitcoin.de is probably the cheapest method to buy bitcoins, with the exception of exchanges.
- Exchanges: In the euro zone there are several of them: the most important is Kraken, and then we find Bitstamp and BTC-E. All of them require a complete identification.
Countries of the eurozone
Buy bitcoins in Austria
Austrian citizens can buy bitcoins with bitcoinbon.at gift cards that are sold in many traffic stores. This is comfortable, but the method is relatively expensive.
Buy bitcoins in Germany
For the Germans, the Fidor-Bank is a good option to buy bitcoins. This online bank has partnered with Bitcoin.de and Kraken, making trading on these platforms much faster and more convenient. At Bitcoin.de, Fidor customers automatically pass the identification and can use the ExpressTrade feature – which allows them to buy an unlimited number of bitcoins at relatively low prices, and is available just a few minutes after starting to use the platform.
Buy bitcoins in Spain
European countries that are not part of the eurozone
In almost all European countries localbitcoins is available. Due to the good currency exchange between local currencies and the euro, many people in European countries use large European platforms (Kraken, bitcoin.de) to buy bitcoins. Given that high commissions and the spread of small exchanges can trigger the price, it is often cheaper to change the local currency in euros and use the Euro platforms, which mostly accept customers from all over Europe.
The easiest way is to pay by credit card. Yes, your bank earns a commission and benefits from the exchange rate, but the procedure is quick and convenient.
Buy bitcoins in the United Kingdom
- Directly: Coinbase also allows British citizens to buy bitcoins through bank transfers and credit cards. Many people in the UK use bittylicious.com , which also offers bank transfers and specific UK credit cards with payment options such as Paym or Barclays Pingit. However, commissions can be quite high, depending on the payment option.
- Exchanges: The most popular exchange in the United Kingdom is Coinfloor, followed by Kraken and Coinbase GDAX.
Buy bitcoins in Switzerland
- ATMs: Recently, the national railway company SBB has announced that citizens of Switzerland will be able to buy bitcoins in all the ticket machines of each train station. Payment can be made with cash or electronic cash; Credit cards are not accepted.
- Directly: The broker bitcoinsuisse.ch offers the option to buy bitcoins with cash and bank transfer. 247exchange.com implemented the option to buy bitcoins with Franken. Most of the other direct exchanges such as Coinbase, Circle accept Swiss clients, but they are required to pay with Euros.
Buy bitcoin in Poland
Buy bitcoins in Norway
Buy bitcoins in Sweden
Buy bitcoins in Denmark
- Directly: The only Danish exchange is coinify.com .
Buy bitcoins in Ukraine
Buy bitcoins in Russia
Due to the unclear legal situation of Bitcoin in Russia, there are only a few exchanges and brokers. It seems that localbitcoins is quite popular.
- Directly: matbea.com is a direct seller of bitcoin for the ruble. Requires that your users register with a phone number.
- Exchanges: BTC-E is the main exchange for the trade of rubles and bitcoins. Work with a variety of payment providers to allow the deposit of funds.
Asia is the fastest growing bitcoin market. In China, Japan and South Korea there are a lot of exchanges, while Arab countries like the Emirates do not use so much virtual currency. In these countries, the best option is an ATM or the LocalBitcons sellers.
Buy bitcoins in China
Buy bitcoins in Japan
- Directly: The most popular direct broker for the yen with a very low commission is bitflyer.jp. This offers its users a wide range of identification options, from confirmation by email to the presentation of identity documents.
- Exchanges: There are three: Quoine, Coincheck and Kraken. Although they can not compete with Chinese exchanges in liquidity, they provide a good service to buy bitcoins at low prices.
Buy bitcoins in Thailand
Buy bitcoin in Korea
- Directly and ATMs: coinplug.com offers a variety of services to buy and sell bitcoins. They offer two unique ATMs in Seoul, allow the purchase of bitcoins in thousands of ATMs in the country through the association with a producer of ATMs and offer the option to buy bitcoins with several gift cards.
- Exchanges: In South Korea there is a fully developed bitcoin exchange, korbit.co.kr , which offers not only the trading of bitcoins, but also portfolios for all devices and money transfer services. There is a second exchange – coinplug.com .
Buy bitcoins in India
- Directly: The largest site in India is unocoin.com. Here you can buy, sell, store and exchange bitcoins. There is another important player who offers more or less the same opportunities, zebpay.com. Both services require user identification.
- Exchanges: Coinsecure.in is both an online portfolio and an exchange.
Buy bitcoins in Philippines
- Gift cards: In prepaidbitcoin.ph you can exchange ruled cards that you can buy in several places in the Philippines.
- Directly: Two main sites: buybitcoin.ph and coins.ph . The latter accepts payments in various ways, including cash, online transfers and vouchers that can be purchased at stores across the country.
- Exchanges: In the Philippines there are two bitcoin exchanges: coinage.ph and BTCexchange.ph .
Buy bitcoins in Turkey
Although bitcoin is not regulated in Turkey, after the failed coup d’etat and the growing restrictions on the part of the government, there seems to be increasing pressure on the bitcoin companies.
- Gift cards: With bitupcard.com you can buy coupons redeemable for bitcoins online.
- Directly: koinim.com is a platform where you can buy bitcoins and litecoins directly with liras.
- Exchanges: BTCTurk.com is the first bitcoin exchange in Turkey. Here you can buy and sell bitcoins. Recently, BTCTurk.com had problems with its bank account, and there have been rumors that it could close. But for now it still seems to be working.
Buy bitcoins in Israel
The citizens of the United Arab Emirates can use bitoasis.net to buy bitcoins directly; In Kuwait you can buy bitcoins at bitfils.com ; In Vietnam you will find the bitcoinvietnam.com.vn broker and the vbtc.vn exchange ; In Malaysia coinbox.biz and coins.my provide an online wallet and an easy method to buy and sell bitcoins, while oinhako.com is a wallet with the option to buy and sell for Malaysia and Singapore and bitx.co offers an exchange for Malaysia and Indonesia. In Indonesia, you can also buy bitcoins at bitcoin.co.id . Citizens of Taiwan can use maicoin.com to buy, sell and use bitcoins.
Buy bitcoins in Australia
- Directly: Australia has several direct sellers of bitcoins: btradeaustralia.com supports the payment system Poli-Payments, buyabitcoin.com.au accepts deposits in cash at banks, cointree.com.au supports both payment options, coinloft.com. au also accepts Flexepin bonds, and Bitcoin.com.au allows the acquisition of bitcoins by depositing cash at kiosks. Coinjar.com.au serves not only as a seller, but also as a portfolio to use bitcoins.
- Exchanges: Australia has two exchanges: independentreserve.com and coinspot.com.au .
Buy bitcoins in New Zealand
- Directly: At coined.co.nz you can buy bitcoins through online bank transfers, and at buybitcoin.co.nz with bank deposits. Coinhub.nz offers more payment options, where you can not only pay with bank transfers, but also with cash deposits at ATMs and through PayPal. Mybitcoinsaver.com offers a portfolio and the option of regularly investing in bitcoins with automatic bank transfers.
- Exchanges: New Zealand has two bitcoin exchanges. At bitnz.com the spread is relatively high, while you will find better prices at nzbcx.com .
Compared to the rest of the world, bitcoin is not widespread in Africa, so it only has a few exchanges. If you do not find any, the best option is to use LocalBitcoins to find a local provider.
Buy bitcoins in South Africa
South Africa has two Bitcoin exchanges: Bit-X and ice3x.com (Ice Cube).
Buy bitcoins in Nigeria
Buy bitcoins in Tanzania
In Tanzania, you can use bitpesa.co to buy bitcoins through bank transfers.
Buy bitcoins in Uganda
Bitpesa.co offers Ugandan citizens the possibility to buy bitcoins with MTN or Airtel Money.
Buy bitcoins in Zimbabwe
Apparently, Bitcoinfundi.com works in Zimbabwe, but the prices are quoted in dollars.