iOS 11 will pack new features and some of them are stunning and we haven’t seen them before. Apple is trying to develop their iOS 11 on many different aspects. Some of the Features include native screen recorder, smarter Siri, redesigned Control Center and App Store, and much more. The stock iOS keyboard has also received a new feature that allows you to type with a single hand.
We all have heard about all these features before, but they included a new feature which is by far the best feature. The Feature is known as One Handed Keyboard is a new feature that is built into the iOS keyboard in iOS 11. When activated, the keyboard keys are pushed to either the left or the right side of the screen so that you can type more easily with a single hand.
Well, after hearing we know that you can’t wait to get your hands on the One handed Keyboard feature and you can now use this on your iPhone or Ipad. There are two ways by which you can use them.
The first method involves using a third-party keyboard that comes with this feature built in, such as Blink Keyboard. The second one requires you to be jailbroken because you’ll use a Cydia app called OneHanded which enables this feature.
So, In this post, we will show you how you can use One Handed Keyboard feature on your iPhone or iPad.
How to Add a One-Handed Keyboard to Your iPhone, iPad:
- Download Blink Keyboard App from the Apple store
- After downloading, you have to add the keyboard so that you can start using it. Open the Settings app and go to General.
- On the screen, you have to scroll down and tap on the Keyboard
- After that, tap on Keyboards, then choose Add New Keyboard.
- You will see a Third-Party Keyboards, choose Blink keyboard
- Now that you’ve added this keyboard, you’re ready to use it. Open an app where you can type, such as the Notes app.
- To enable one-handed mode, swipe the second row of keys to the left or the right. The keys will now move to one edge of the screen to make it easier to type with a single hand.
How to Add a One-Handed Keyboard with Jailbreak
- If your iPhone is jailbroken, you can use a Cydia tweak called OneHanded. It enables the hidden one-handed mode in the stock iOS keyboard.
- Open Cydia, go to the Search tab and search for the OneHanded tweak. Open the tweak once found.
- Tap on the Install button in the top right corner, then press Confirm to begin installing the tweak. Your iPhone will respring once the tweak has been installed.
- Now that you have installed the Cydia tweak, go to an app where you can type, such as the Notes app.
- Switch to the stock iOS keyboard. Now swipe in from the left or the right side of the screen to enable one-handed mode. When the keyboard keys move to either side of the screen, you’ll notice that the empty space gets occupied by a set of text editing tools such as cut, copy, paste and undo.
So these are the two ways you can use One Handed Keyboard feature on your iPhone or iPad. You can use the feature with two different options one with jailbreak and other without jailbreak, we prefer jailbreak be the best option. If you don’t want to go with jailbreak then using the one without jailbreak be the better option.
Apple is expected to roll out iOS 11 to the public in September, along with the all-new iPhone 8 that has been making headlines for the past few months. We all are eagerly waiting for the iPhone 8 to launch.
You may also read:
- MacOS High Sierra and iOS 11 Public Beta 3 Available For Download
- How To Operate AirPlay Audio Controls In iOS 11’s Control Center
- How To Download YouTube Videos On Your iPhone or iPad Without Jailbreak
- Forgot Your Apple ID? Create a New Apple ID on Your iPhone or iPad
- How To Get Tweaks&Themes (No Jailbreak/Cydia!!!) (No Computer) iOS 9/10/11 on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch